Find mobile application for free on the App Store
The Natural History Building is a historic building on the campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign in Urbana, Illinois. Built in 1892, the building originally housed the university's departments of botany, zoology, and geology. In addition to classroom space, the building also included a natural history museum. Architect Nathan Clifford Ricker designed the High Victorian Gothic building. The red brick building has a rough stone foundation and is decorated with colored brick and stone. The steep roof is supported by a timber truss system; the exposed trusses create a coffered ceiling on the interior.