1990 North Korean parliamentary election

1990 North Korean parliamentary election

Auto-curated
Playing 1/12
  • North Korean parliamentary election, 1990 Top #5 Facts

    YouTube 01:06
  • S. Korea's ruling Democratic bloc wins landslide victory in general election

    YouTube 02:22
  • Crowds go wild in North Korea as Kim Jong-un casts election vote

    YouTube 01:30
  • South Korean Presidential Elections (1948 - 2017)

    YouTube 01:43
  • S. Korea's ruling Democratic bloc wins landslide victory in general election

    YouTube 02:31
  • KOREA: PARLIAMENTARY ELECTIONS PREVIEW

    YouTube 03:31
  • North Koreans vote in parliamentary elections

    YouTube 02:31
  • Kim Jong-un, Supreme Leader of North Korea | Biography

    YouTube 02:29
  • How did we get here? North Korea's history

    YouTube 03:38
  • How to change your App Store Country to Korea to Download PUBG Korea version/ 2020

    YouTube 03:35
  • Monument of the Workers Party of Korea

    YouTube 07:47
  • DPR Korea: Plenary Meetings of Korean Social Democratic Party and Chondoist Chongu Party held

    YouTube 02:46

Parliamentary elections were held in North Korea on 22 April 1990. 687 deputies were elected to the ninth Supreme People's Assembly. The first session was on May 24–26, 1990. Of the 687 deputies, workers accounted for 37 percent, farmers 10.4 percent, and women 20.1 percent. The Korean Social Democratic Party held 7.4 percent and the Chondoist Chongu Party held 3.2 percent of the seats, with the two parties together holding 10.6 percent of the seats. The Workers' Party of Korea retained 83 percent of seats. Among the 687 seats which constitute the SPA at that time, 601 seats were allocated to the Workers' Party of Korea, 51 seats were allocated to the Korean Social Democratic Party representing 7.4 percent of the whole, 22 seats were allocated to the Chondoist Chongu Party representing 3.2 percent of them and the "independent" deputies were given 13 seats . Deputies whose ages were below 35 represented a rate of 2.9 percent. Those who were between 36 and 55 represented a rate of 56.8 percent, and those who were over 55 represented a rate of 40.3 percent. Among those elected were Kim Il-sung and Kim Jong-il.

Discover in context

This site is not available in the landscape mode.
Please rotate your phone or install our app.